Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BECOME A PARTNER AT LIBRARIES FOR KIDS?
Your support reaches out to schools in East Africa and beyond to help students thirsty for knowledge. When you commit to a monthly gift you ensure that these schools have libraries and options for students to expand their knowledge. Our promise to you is to share the stories of children whose lives you are changing through:
- Email updates
- Reports from our partners and teachers in the schools
- Results and highlights of the schools you are funding
- Invitations to special events.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Donate books in excellent condition to ship to rural schools in underdeveloped countries. Examples would be:
- Encyclopedias/World Books
- Children’s Story Books
- History, geography, science, agriculture books
- Maps & Atlases
- Provide expertise and contacts in East Africa
- Provide opportunities to spread the word about Libraries For Kids in churches, civic groups, radio, TV. etc.
- Donate money for shipping books and buying textbooks and other educational materials and supplies
HOW DO I MAKE A WIRE TRANSFER TO LIBRARIES FOR KIDS?
Please contact Roy Austin at 843-597-4826
HOW WILL MY DONATION BE SPENT?
Donations in form of funds will be spend on shipment of the books and purchase of others. Old books donated will be sold for funds to support other operations such as payment for services at the foundations.
IS MY DONATION TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
The United States IRS has approved Libraries For Kids as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization so donations of books and money are tax deductible. Libraries For Kids is also a registered charity in South Carolina, USA.
WHERE DO I MAIL MY DONATION TO BOOKS FOR KIDS?
Please make checks payable to Libraries For Kids and mail them to either:
Chris Hervochon, Treasurer, 5 Royal Pointe Dr, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Roy Austin, Chair, 15 Trescot Lane, Bluffton, SC 29909
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF MY SUPPORT?
Your gift, pooled with other support, will provide children in rural areas of underdeveloped countries with access to a library to broaden their educational experience.
I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE WEB DONATION I MADE.
Web donations will show up on our database approximately 24 hours after the transaction is complete, but donors will receive an immediate confirmation of their donation.
Roy Austin (Chair, Libraries For Kids) 15 Trescot Lane Bluffton, SC 29909
Chris Hervochon (Treasurer) 5 Royal Pointe Dr, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926